20 reasons to be thankful during the Virus

///20 reasons to be thankful during the Virus

20 reasons to be thankful during the Virus

By |2020-04-14T09:44:13+02:00April 14th, 2020|Announcements|8 Comments

Twenty reasons to be thankful during the Coronavirus.

Thanks, Richard

1. There are no bombs raining on our heads.

2. I am not a prisoner held in solitary confinement, as millions are.

3. I am not a refugee trying to escape with my life.

4. I am not standing in line waiting to fill a pot of water.

5. I have access to fresh food and I'm not starving.

6. I have hot running water.

7. My country has not been ruined by years of war.

8. I can reach my friends by phone and check in on them.

9. My friends check in on me because they care about me.

10. Any whiplash I feel about this strange turn of events is itself a sign of privilege.

11. More than half of the world would gladly trade their everyday problems for the modest inconveniences I am experiencing.

12. I may have anxious dreams but I'm dreaming them on a proper bed and I'm not sleeping on the sidewalk.

13. By staying at home, I'm helping the planet rest.

14. As long as I have my mind I can create, imagine, dream and not be lonely.

15. This global crisis connects me to people around the world and reminds me of our common humanity. This is a good thing.

16. When something tragic happens to another country next time, I will respond to it not with superiority, but humility and recognition.

17. I will fight for positive changes and economically just policies in my own country.

18. I am surrounded by books.

19. I am surrounded by love.

20. The trees have already begun to bloom.

About the Author:

8 Comments

1. Rachel Hudson 14/04/2020 at 9:58 am - Reply

Yes, yes, yes and more!! Gratitude is one of the most basic tenets of wellbeing. It does not deny suffering or sadness, but holds us steady. I now have 8 years worth of a daily 3 points of gratitude journal which has seen me through some very hard days of loss especially…… I recommend it for each of us as a mediation practice and a source of resilience.

2. Isabella Nuboloni 14/04/2020 at 11:22 am - Reply

Thanks, Richard!
    You put in words some my thinks and you add many, I deeply agree. No bombs, no arms… And a concrete possibility for all the world to reorganize for a better future, in peace.
    I hope so.
    Isabella

3. Emmanuelle DESACHY TONER 14/04/2020 at 12:25 pm - Reply

Thank You Richard , and I feel I can add that our connection feels stronger some days as we are eager to be connected ;
    We have you as a person, keeping in touch ; we remain available and in connection for our clients , and this special times allows our clients to feel they have a strong reliable connection with us .
    All the best for you all , around the world . Keep in good happy health.
    Kind regards
    Emmanuelle

4. Karen 14/04/2020 at 4:52 pm - Reply

So true and important to remember
    My hope is that at a collective political
    and social level we can reflect and learn
    from this deeply painful experience allowing
    all of us to enter into a definitely new era where connection, thoughtfulness, kindness,
    respect, for each other and our environment, become our central focus and heart.
    With great gratitude to all our community
    Karen

5. Michele D'Errico 14/04/2020 at 6:22 pm - Reply

Thanks Richard!
    I felt relieved to read your writing.
    Instinctively I sent it (with your name) to members of my family. A member of my family was hit and luckily healed. Several people close to me are still suffering from coronavirus.
    I think your considerations have already taken other paths. I’m sorry I didn’t ask you for permission to send it first.
    At this point I hope that your writing will go viral helping others to process their losses.
    A big hug to you and everyone.
    Michele

6. Elif Akar 14/04/2020 at 9:10 pm - Reply

Yess, I agree…

A poem from of my country famous poets;
    Umuş
    “Bütün iyi kitapların sonunda
    Bütün gündüzlerin
    Bütün gecelerin sonunda
    Meltemi senden esen
    Soluğu senden alan
    Yeni bir başlangıç vardır”
    Edip Cansever

Expectation
    “At the ends of all good
    books
    At the ends of all nights and
    mornings
    There are new beginnings
    A beginning whose breeze
    blow from you
    A begining whose voice
    belongs to you”

A big hug everyone and you
    Elif

7. Thierry Clugery 14/04/2020 at 11:27 pm - Reply

“You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down”
    Charlie Chaplin

8. Carol Merle-Fishman 16/04/2020 at 6:27 pm - Reply

Thank you Richard, and to everyone, for your inspiring and loving comments.