Integrative Psychotherapy in Social Field

///Integrative Psychotherapy in Social Field

Integrative Psychotherapy in Social Field

By |2020-04-18T18:05:25+02:00April 16th, 2020|Clinical Forum|7 Comments

I have been too overwhelmed and so full of fear lately that it has become almost impossible to come out from my silence…

Then, I have realized that unless I move on, I will get stuck and paralyzed. Because I need and miss my productivity, my vital energy, my enthusiasm…

To battle my stagnation, I am back to writing as a way to reconnect within myself.

I am sharing with you a very brief reflection about Integrative Psychotherapy in the Social Field. It is really just kind of a first draft. I did it several years ago and now I am editing in order to organize my ideas to write more in the future and give the full recognition that IP deserves, even beyond clinical practice.

The virus will not hinder me from the person I am already.

Angela

Click here to read "Relational Model in Social Interventions"

About the Author:

PhD., Psychologist working in the social field, trainer, CIIC (2017)

7 Comments

1. Rachel Hudson 16/04/2020 at 9:13 am - Reply

Great to hear from you again Angela and to know how returning to what gives you life has brought you back into contact with yourself and us too. Sending you love and warm hugs across the miles for today.

2. Robert Spicer 16/04/2020 at 3:18 pm - Reply

Thanks Angela, I love the idea of this style of relatedness extending to the wider field.

I also think that these factors apply to all relationships whether personal or professional. In other words, what is represented is a model of healthy, authentic, relating per se.

3. Richard Erskine 16/04/2020 at 7:35 pm - Reply

Dear Angela: Your essay is wonderful. Thank you for writing your ideas. I hope you will now add a couple of detailed examples (like a case study) and then submitted it to our journal. There are many professional psychologists, social workers, and caregivers who need to know what you are so skillfully writing about. This period of social isolation is a great time to do some creative writing. I am putting the finishing touches on an article about a client I had 30+ years ago who taught me some important lessons about working with a person who is in Schizoid Withdrawal. I also have finished the book A Healing Relationship and sent it off to the publisher.
    Enjoy all you are doing….and keep writing. A big virus free Hug to you ! Richard

4. Lily Wessel 16/04/2020 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Dear Angela, I read it..and I loved it!!
    Great to adapt this to the Social field: to have explained in detail what happens when we are in such a dynamic.
    You must be a great trainer!

I also interveen for supervision groups in the social field: most workers are enclined to relate in a respectful, non-violent way
    I’m also impressed by the important model we offer: through our own Integration, our Natural Self.
    I was not aware of that, and then I noticed how they could interact with each other using words or concepts that could have been used during the sessions, and that is really great to observe

But even more important is to write it down, to teach it in order to let it becoe a new language.

I look forward to your book, Angela!

I send you my warm hug

Lily

5. Angela 19/04/2020 at 11:42 am - Reply

Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments!!!

La versión en español ya está también disponible en este blog.

Muchas gracias a las personas lectoras!!!

6. Isabella Nuboloni 20/04/2020 at 6:11 pm - Reply

Dear Angela,
    I thank you for the contribution you shared with us for the application of IP to the social field. You have also focused in a precious way the theme of the inevitable conflict in groups and organizations and how IP Methods are valuable for normalizing and transforming diversity into wealth and development for all. Warm thanks.
    Isabella

7. Mercedes Pedreira Quiroga 29/04/2020 at 8:05 pm - Reply

FELICIDADES Angela !!
    …es estupenda tu contribución a que el modelo de Psicoterapia Integrativa , su modo de entender la relación de ayuda, traspase la consulta y llegue a más ámbitos de intervención … y pueda así contribuir al bienestar de más personas… GRACIAS !!