Do you want a Zoom client?

///Do you want a Zoom client?

Do you want a Zoom client?

By |2020-05-05T00:08:22+02:00May 5th, 2020|Announcements|7 Comments

Hi Colleagues:

I am writing for a young man who wants to work with an Integrative Psychotherapist by Skype or Zoom. He is stuck in India because of the CoronaVirus. Here is a brief give a brief description about his situation and what he is experiencing.
"I am a masters student completing my first year at Humboldt University for their global studies program. I am currently In Jawaharlal Nehru University completing my exchange semester here. I stayed back with 4 other students as the remaining 26 went back home. I am staying in the university right now in Delhi and I am feeling a lot of grief and experiencing a lot of self-esteem issues. I cannot complete very simple assignments which acts as a feedback loop that I believe affects my self esteem."
He is searching for help. Please contact him via this e-mail: lucas.loizou@gmail.com
Thanks,

Richard Erskine

About the Author:

7 Comments

1. Viviane Dubos 05/05/2020 at 7:37 am - Reply

Hi Richard. I will send him an email and check which langage he is most confortable with, as we don’t know his nationality. Then I will post again to let you know

2. Viviane Dubos 05/05/2020 at 8:07 am - Reply

Lucas replied Instantly :
    “Thank you for your mail. I am a Canadian National and would prefer to converse in English as its my mother tongue. Thank you friend for your time and help.”
    Thanks to help him, any of you fluent in English

3. Carol Merle-Fishman 05/05/2020 at 3:00 pm - Reply

Dear all,
    Please take time to insure that this is a legitimate request. In the US I frequently get scam emails from people seeking therapy. These are called “phishing scams” – as in the person is throwing out bait and “fishing” to see who will bite! Then they have their “catch!” These scams often involve sharing bank information.

In this time of global uncertainty, please make certain this is not someone seeking to take financial advantage of another. Working in this manner might involve international transfer of funds. No bank information should be shared until you know this person is honest and sincere. I know we always want to think the best of everyone. I feel saddened to write this, but I want you all to be safe in all ways – physically, emotionally and financially.
    Thank you and sending you all my warmest regards.

Carol

4. Rachel Hudson 05/05/2020 at 3:17 pm - Reply

Very sadly, Carol, I think this is a wise precaution to take….. I too have had such phishing emails and our professional bodies have put out some warnings about these.

5. Viviane Dubos 05/05/2020 at 6:44 pm - Reply

Thanks Carol for your advice. It will help me to check deeper whenever I receive any demand through email. And good to know for a lot of us in the Community.
    For this one, I can ensure he looks like a real guy asking for help. It’s not a phishing scam, otherwise he would have “bitten” me instead of asking for an English fluent therapist

6. Safak Ebru Toksoy 05/05/2020 at 8:20 pm - Reply

That client is real. Actually I asked a psychotherapist for him from Canada, Montreal. I asked to Richard and he shared the message in the blog.If one of you help hım, it would be great.
    Greetings from Turkey,
    Ebru

7. Robert Spicer 06/05/2020 at 2:10 pm - Reply

I’d like to echo what Carol has said. Although this one may well be genuine, I do receive scams such as Carol has mentioned quite frequently often asking for therapy on behalf of a third party such as a son or daughter. They usually want my bank details or similar in order to pay all the fees in one sum. I respond with my usual terms and conditions and inform them that the third party will need to contact me themselves. If it is a scam (and I’ve got pretty good at spotting them), I don’t hear from them again.